A new class library enhances the applications that you can design and
the objects that you can create. The library now includes the following types
- Visual controls
- are platform-specific components that provide host look-and-feel
for controls. Visual controls are now pixel-based for improved rendering on
all supported graphical operating systems. Visual controls include chart,
check box, combo box, container box, critical success factor, desktop icon,
dual selector (experimental), graph output, graphic text, histogram, list
box, list view (experimental), map, pie chart, push button, radio box, scatter
chart, scrollbar, spin box, text entry, text label, text pad, tree node (experimental),
and tree view (experimental).
- Non-visual models
- provide methods for querying and modifying entities. SAS/AF
models provide access to SAS tables, SAS catalogs and entries, external files,
variable lists, and host-supplied color lists.
- Non-visual components
- provide other functionality such as a drag and drop information
component, a paste buffer component, and collection classes.
- Utility components
- provide access to the functionality of SAS software features
or other utility needs, including the SAS Registry class, the SAS Session
event component, and the Program Halt class.
Version 8, there is also a new Print Manager utility.
- provide a set of rules for component communication in a
client/server or model/view scheme. Developers can create their own interfaces,
or they can use one of the two interfaces provided with SAS/AF: the Static
String List interface or the Range interface.
- Legacy objects
- are objects from previous releases of SAS/AF software. These
classes are still supported in Versions 7 and 8.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.