The enhanced and new objects include the following:
- Distributed Multidimensional Metadata (Hybrid
OLAP) gives you
the ability to partition your multidimensional databases (MDDBs) so that data
can be split across multiple MDDBs that could reside on different servers.
Data can also be accessed from relational databases, SAS tables, summary tables,
flat files, and so on.
- Application Screen Builder enables you to place two
or more EIS applications on a frame and have them interact with one another.
In addition to EIS applications, the Application Screen Builder lets you add
any components available under SAS/AF software, as well as several SAS/EIS
components. You can now print reports that contain a mixture of objects. In
previous releases, only the current graph or multidimensional table could
- Bubble Chart shows the complex relation of several analysis columns
at the same time in a two-dimensional coordinate system. The bubbles can differ
in color, size, and shape depending on the values that they represent.
- Multidimensional Chart lets you dynamically create a three-dimensional
bar, box, line, or area chart.
- Multidimensional Pie Chart lets you dynamically create a three-dimensional
pie chart representing multidimensional data.
- Multidimensional Business Trends enables you to forecast by using
multidimensional data. You can forecast on an aggregate level or on individual
subsets of the data. The results of the forecast are shown within a graph
with one plot line for each forecast produced
- Text Viewer combines six previous SAS/EIS objects into one new
powerful viewer with hotspot and traffic lighting capability. (It replaces
Catalog Entry Viewer with Hotspots, External File Viewer, External File
Viewer with Hotspots, General Reporting, Output Entry, and Source Entry
- Incremental MDDB Updates enables you to add data to an MDDB without
having to reload the entire database.
- Printing facility for multidimensional SAS/EIS output gives you
the ability to add titles, footnotes, drill down information, and subset information
to multidimensional SAS/EIS output. You can customize margins, fonts, and
set global print characteristics by type of object or globally. A new preview
capability is also included.
- Access Control enables you to provide access control with named
groups of users. This security subsystem includes the ability to apply
restrictions to types of applications, functions within an application,
what data can be viewed (including only certain subsets), user ID and
password support (and a customizable login window), a logging facility,
- Updated Critical Success Factors (CSFs) now includes a speedometer
and digital style CSF, in addition to the classic style. The new CSFs
also give you better control of fonts, positioning, and border types.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.