Output Data Sets
OUT= Data Set
The output data set is a copy of the DATA=
data set except that the analyzed variables have been standardized.
Analyzed variables are those listed in the VAR statement or,
if there is no VAR statement, all numeric variables not listed
in any other statement.
The new data set contains the following variables:
- the BY variables, if any
- _TYPE_, a character variable
- the analyzed variables
Each observation in the new data set contains a type
of statistic as indicated by the _TYPE_ variable.
The values of the _TYPE_ variable are as follows:
- location measure of each variable
- scale measure of each variable
- constant specified in the ADD= option. This value is the same for each variable.
- constant specified in the MULT= option. This value is the same for each variable.
- total number of nonmissing positive frequencies of each variable
- norm measure of each variable. This observation is
produced only when you specify the NORM option
with METHOD=AGK, METHOD=IQR, METHOD=MAD, or METHOD=SPACING or when you
specify the SNORM option with METHOD=SPACING.
- percentiles of each variable, as specified
by the PCTLPTS= option. The argument n is any real
number such that .
Copyright © 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.