Use the OPERATE procedure to manage the server, its
and its users. For example, using PROC OPERATE, you can
- define a SAS data library to a server after the
server has already started
- display information about assigned libraries
- release libraries from
- terminate access to a library
- display userids of users who are connected to
the current server
- manage the server from a session other than the
The OPERATE procedure can be used in any of the SAS
methods of processing: noninteractive mode, interactive line mode, display
manager mode, or batch mode.
The PROC OPERATE statement accepts commands that enable you to manage
The OPERATE procedure is an interactive procedure; that is,
its statements are executed as they are encountered. For this reason, statements
used in the OPERATE procedure are called commands. The OPERATE procedure executes
until it is terminated by a QUIT or a RUN command. The syntax for these commands
is discussed in later subsections. The syntax for the PROC OPERATE statement
- server users.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.