|SAS Component Language: Reference
- ACCESS routine
- The functionality of ACCESS is available
through the CALL BUILD routine. Both ACCESS and BUILD now open the Explorer
window. Old programs that use ACCESS will still work, although the TYPE and
MODE parameters are not supported from the Explorer window. Using BUILD for
new programs is recommended because it provides additional functionality.
- CALC routine
- The CALL CALC routine is not supported in
- CARDS statement
- The DATA step statement DATALINES replaces
the CARDS statement.
- CATALOG function
- The functionality of CATALOG is now available
through the CALL BUILD routine. Like CATALOG, BUILD opens the Explorer window
when a catalog is specified as the first parameter. Old programs with the
CATALOG function will still run, although the SHOWTYPE and PMENU parameters
are not supported from the Explorer window. Using BUILD for new programs is
recommended because it provides additional functionality.
- CATLIST, DIRLIST, and FILELIST, and IVARLIST functions
- Version 7 tables may contain mixed-case
names. If any existing application relies on one of these functions to return
an uppercased name, you may need to modify the application. See SAS Component Language Dictionary for more
- CATLIST, DIRLIST, FILELIST, and LIBLIST windows
- These windows have been replaced with host
selector windows in which the AUTOCLOSE option will now be ignored.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.