Reports the type of an item in an SCL list
- contains the type of the specified item:
||The item is a character item.|
||The item is a numeric item.|
||The item is a sublist item.|
||The item is a component item.
- is the identifier of the list containing
the item whose type is returned by ITEMTYPE. An invalid list-id produces an error condition.
Type: Numeric or
- is the position of the item in the list.
The position can be specified as a positive or negative number. By default, index is 1 (the first item). If index
is a positive number, then the item is at position index
from the beginning of the list. If index is a
negative number, then the item is at position ABS(index)
from the end of the list. An error condition results if the absolute value
for index is zero or if it is greater than the
number of items in the list.
An item's type depends on which function was used to
create the item:
- C (character) items
- are created by SETITEMC, SETNITEMC, INSERTC.
- N (numeric) items
- are created by SETITEMN, SETNITEMN, INSERTN,
- L (sublist) items
- are created by SETITEML, SETNITEML, INSERTL.
- O (component) items
- are created by SETITEMO, SETNITEMO,
INSERTC, INSERTL, INSERTN, and INSERTO
SETITEMC, SETITEML, SETITEMN, and SETITEMO
SETNITEMC, SETNITEML, SETNITEMN, and SETNITEMO
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.