Overview of SAS/QC Software
SAS/QC software, a component of the SAS System, provides a
comprehensive set of tools for statistical quality improvement.
You can use these tools to
- organize quality improvement efforts
- design industrial experiments for product and process
- apply Taguchi methods for quality engineering
- establish statistical control of a process
- maintain statistical control and reduce variation
- analyze process capability
- develop and evaluate acceptance sampling plans
Figure 1: Components of SAS/QC Software
There are two main types of tools in SAS/QC software:
menu systems and procedures.
The menu systems are complete, full-screen oriented
environments for statistical quality improvement applications.
Unlike the procedures,
the menu systems require no knowledge of SAS programming.
Internally, however, the menu systems translate the user's
selections into SAS statements that are then submitted for
The procedures in SAS/QC software offer greater flexibility and power
than the menu systems.
To use a procedure, you must have a basic knowledge
of the SAS language and the syntax of the procedure.
You can run the procedures in a batch program or interactively
with the SAS Display Manager System.
Copyright © 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.