Restricts the comparison of the values of variables to
in the VAR statement.
- one or more variables that appear in the BASE= and COMPARE=
data sets or only in the BASE= data set.
- If you do not use the VAR statement, PROC COMPARE compares the
values of all matching variables except those appearing in BY and ID statements.
- If a variable in the VAR statement does not exist in the COMPARE=
data set, PROC COMPARE writes a warning to the SAS log and ignores the variable.
- If a variable in the VAR statement does not exist in the BASE=
data set, PROC COMPARE stops processing and gives an error message.
- The VAR statement restricts only the comparison of values of matching
variables. PROC COMPARE still reports on the total number of matching variables
and compares their attributes. However, it produces neither error nor warning
messages about these variables.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.