|SAS Companion for the OS/2 Environment
To use DDE in SAS, issue a FILENAME statement with the following
FILENAME fileref DDE 'DDE-triplet'
- is a valid fileref, as described in
Referencing External Files.
- is the device-type keyword that tells the
SAS System that you want to use Dynamic Data Exchange.
- is the name of the DDE external file.
- can be any of the following:
- instructs the SAS System to use the DDE
HOTLINK. For an example of using this option, see Using the DDE HOTLINK.
- instructs the SAS System to ignore TAB characters
between variables. For an example of using this option, see Using the NOTAB Option with DDE.
- allows remote commands to be issued to DDE
server applications. For more information, see
Controlling Another Application Using DDE.
- Use caution when using DDE
with data values that are blank
For sample code that reads in missing data, see Reading Missing Data.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.