|Using Spatial Data with SAS/GIS Software
COPY copies a SAS/GIS catalog entry or data set. You can copy
a single GIS entry or include the dependent entries and data sets that are
referenced by the source.
Note: If you use PROC COPY or another utility to copy
a SAS/GIS catalog entry or data set,
you may receive warnings in your SAS log that the paths are not the same.
If you receive a message that the paths are not the same, you can use the
SYNC statement to reset the paths. See SYNC Statement for more information.
|COPY Statement Optional Arguments|
<, ... ,old-lib-n=new-lib-n>)
- SELECT= _ALL_ | ENTRY | DATASETS | SPATIAL | LABEL
| OTHER | NOSOURCE
The following list contains descriptions of additional
COPY statement arguments:
- Specifies the type of GIS catalog entry
to copy. Values for type are
- GISSPA or SPATIAL
- GISMAP or
- GISLAYER or LAYER
- GISCOVER or COVERAGE.
can be omitted if a complete, four-level
entry name is specified. The following are identical:
- COPY MAPS.USA.STATE ET=GISMAP...
Note: When you specify four-level
entry names, type must be the actual SAS/GIS catalog
entry extension, for example, GISMAP, not
- Specifies the destination for the copied
If libref is omitted, WORK is used as the
default. Entries are copied to WORK.catalog. If DESTCAT= is omitted, libref defaults to WORK and the catalog to the catalog
name of the source being copied. For example, if you are copying MAPS.USA.STATE,
and you omit DESTCAT=, the copy of the data set is written to
- Specifies the destination library for the
copied data sets.
If DESTLIB= is omitted, the default libref
- Specifies that internal pathnames should
be cleared in the copied entries.
- Specifies that both existing catalog entries
and data sets that have the same name as copied entries and data sets should
ALIAS=(old-lib-1=new-lib-1 <, ...
- Specifies libref translations. The old-lib value is the libref that is stored in the existing
catalog entry. The new-lib value is the libref
that you want to substitute in the new copy of the entry.
- SELECT= specifies which data sets or catalog
entries that are referenced by the source entry should be copied. Values for
this option are
- Copies all dependent catalog entries and
data sets. It is equivalent to specifying both ENTRY and DATA.
- Copies all dependent catalog entries
- DATA SETS
- Copies all dependent data sets. It is equivalent
to specifying SPATIAL, LABEL, and OTHER.
- Copies dependent spatial data sets
- Copies dependent label data sets
- Copies other dependent data sets (besides
spatial and label data sets), such as linked attribute data sets
- Copies entry dependents as specified, but
does not copy the specified source entry.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.