|SAS Companion for the CMS Environment
In some cases, you may choose not to specify an engine name in
the LIBNAME statement or function for a data library. For these situations,
you need to know how SAS assigns an engine to the library.
- If you specify TAPn as the physical
name, SAS assigns the engine that is specified by the SEQENGINE= system option.
This is true for both new and existing libraries.
- For existing libraries on disk, SAS examines the
library header record and assigns an engine that is based on its content.
The engines follow:
- V8 for a Version 8 standard library.
- V8TAPE for a Version 8 sequential library.
- V7 for a
Version 7 standard library.
- V7TAPE for a Version 7 sequential library.
- V6 for a Version 6 standard
- V6TAPE for a Version 6 sequential library.
- V5 for any Version 5
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.