Copyright 1997. James P. Key. Oklahoma State University
Except for those materials which are supplied by different departments of the University
(ex. IRB, Thesis Handbook) and references used by permission.
You Agreed You Wanted To Learn To:
1. Prepare the first three
chapters for a report, thesis, or dissertation.
You Agreed You Wanted
1. Studying the procedures, content, and format, and preparing the first three chapters of a report, thesis, or dissertation to be submitted to your advisor and/or committee by the end of class.
2. Studying the tools and procedures of research, discussing them in class, and using them in preparing the first three chapters of your study.
3. Reading studies from the research literature and submitting a minimum of three and a maximum of six critiques of these research reports to aid in interpreting research.
4. Studying the more common statistical methods, discussing them in class, and using them in analyzing the data for your study.
5. Using the computer to help you analyze the data in your study.
Wiersma, W. & Jurs,
S.G. (2005). Research Methods in Education. (8th ed.) Boston: Allyn